Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Contempt for the electorate

Well, the new Capitol Visitors Center opened today in DC. It is long overdue and way over its original budget. I am sure it is a nice place to go. It will definitely beat waiting outdoors in line to get into the Capital, which is a magnificent structure to visit and take a tour of.

Anyway, at the opening of this visitors center, Harry Reid, Senate Democrat Majority Leader, said "My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway.In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."

Having been to the Capitol in the summertime, I had to wait in a line in the heat in order to be allowed to enter. However, it is not that bad.

However, to say that the tourists stink, in my opinion, is very elitist of him. He thinks he is too good for the people to come visit the place where their elected representatives work. In his opinion, they should not be there. He should not have to be bothered with them.

Well, in my opinion, everyone who goes to visit should not eat baked beans and tacos before they visit. Then he can really smell the tourists. What an idiot.

No comments: