Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why create a blog?

I am creating this blog, partly as an outlet of my frustratioin at the 2008 Presidential election. There are so many things about the whole election (and those things that surround it), things like the media telling me what I should think, people saying we are racist for not voting for Obama, the constant advertisements, what the ideology of the Republican Party should be, and the list goes on and on.

Creating a blog has been something on the forefront of my mind for some time now. It is not that I believe that the whole world needs to know what is on my mind. I am not selfish enough to believe that. However, I enjoy reading blogs of other people who are like-minded, and this will serve as an outlet for me to voice my opinion to other like-minded people.

Let me define like-minded people: These are people that have the same interests and share the same values that I have. People who enjoy sports and understand that professional sports has no real impact on their lives. We can be fans without being real jerks about it. These are people that have traditional lifestyles (i.e. married, kids, values, morals). These are people who see that their duty is not only to vote, but to do so with care and a complete understanding of the issues at hand and a knowledge of the candidates.

Just in case you could not have guessed by now, I am a Republican, and usually proud to proclaim that. But, I do not put my political party first, as many do today. Rather, I am an American, a Christian, a husband, a father, a church member, a NY Yankee fan, a Dallas Cowboys fan. You see, it is these things that shape my beliefs and how I vote, and the reason that I joined the Republican Party. They are the party that I most closely associate with. But when they are wrong, I will call them out on it.

No comments: